Detailing Brush for automobiles such as cars is the most versatile accessory ever designed to clean and detail them properly. It cleans out air conditioning vents, cup holders, leather seats, upholstery, door handles, window switches, and any other hard to reach nooks and crannies on the interiors of your car. It works perfect for exteriors too like wheels, lug nuts, brake calipers, exhaust tips, emblems, trunk jambs, engine bays, valve covers, air boxes, batteries, windshield cowls, alternators, and any other parts that are dirty and smeared with grime. It’s a bristly tool usually made of synthetic or natural boar’s hair.
Types Of Car Detailing Brushes
Automotive care products are so advanced now that you can get a detailing brush for almost each component of your vehicle. Thus, to spruce up your car, you can also have separate cleaning brushes for interiors, filthy exterior parts like wheels, engines, etc. Have a look at the three most essential types of detailing brushes for your car.
Wheel and Tire Auto Detailing Brushes:
When you dress tires, the most important thing is that you scrub and clean them properly for the dressing applications to shine bright and last longer. A good pressure washer along with the right cleaner and sponge can help your wheels to get rid of the dirt. But reaching the hidden locations is a bit hard with these accessories. The best solution to that is using a good wheel brush. It will reach the most hidden zones without requiring lots of effort. It is made from quality materials that will easily scrape off the dust and grime without damaging the wheel.
Body Detail Brushes:
Body detail brushes are usually nonabrasive, naturally soft, and durable. They are exclusively designed to gently remove debris from delicate fabric convertible materials, leather seats, round the bottoms of the vehicle, the engine and door jams. They are great to remove dirt on the plastic moldings around the car which a rag or wash mint cannot possibly clean.
Interior Auto Detailing Brushes:
They are small, toothbrush-style brushes that come in handy. They are perfect for getting in between the buttons, dials, pedals, cup holders, crevices and cracks that populate a car’s interiors.
10 Best Car Detailing Brushes
Traditional brushes are made of thick wood and metal parts, cheap plastic bristles, and poor ergonomics. They used to rust and even scratch and damage sensitive painted areas of the car when knocked against them. However, as the usage of cars is increasing day by day so is the need for improved detailing brushes. Perfect detailing brushes boast best materials, design, and ergonomics to make any cleaning and detailing task as easy as possible. Have a look at the ten most popular car detailing brushes.
Carrand, 92010 Grip Tech Deluxe Wheel Brush:
Carrand is a 35 years old company and is best known for its ultra-modern engineering of consumer products mainly in the auto and home cleaning niche. The Carrand Grip Tech Brush is a premium-grade brush that comes with a grip tech handle for comfort. Every brush fiber is selected to serve a specific function that enables the brush to be used for home as well as professional use.
- Weight and dimensions: The brush is lightweight and weighs only about 6.4 ounces. The brush is 1.5 x 1.7 x 10 inches in size.
- Design: It consists of patented triangular grip design that holds bristles. The bristles are present in two separate durable loops.
- It is comfortable to use.
- Suitable for very fine detailing as well as for heavy tire scrubbing.
- The grip of the handle will not slip when used in the wet or soapy conditions.
- Dirt comes out of the bristles quickly and doesn’t get trapped inside.
- Bristles are not extremely durable. They start falling out.
- Brush may not reach to some of the crevices and lug nuts.
- Brush Hero Pro, Wheel Brush
Brush Hero Pro-Wheel Brush features a metal flow control trigger, premium water-powered turbine to thoroughly clean the rims, engines, bikes, equipment, furniture and many more things. This device has a unique turbine that is powered by your garden hose. It comes with two replaceable brush heads that have different bristles. As these bristles rotate, they rinse and scrub the dirt off the surfaces.
- Weight and Dimensions: The brush weighs about 1 pound. It consists of 14 x 3 x 3 inches in size.
- Design: The brush contains two replaceable brush heads, with a water powered system. You can use the white
- brush for tough jobs as it has stiff bristles and the black brush for sensitive surfaces as it has softer bristles. It
- has no electrical parts or metal plates. It consists of plastic only.
- Does not rusts or corrodes.
- Uses no electrical batteries.
- Suitable for tough as well as sensitive places equally.
- Cleans even the hard-to-reach spots around the lug nuts and behind the wheel spoke.
- The water may splash.
You have to use both brush rubbers in brush handle to avoid water leakage.
- S.M. Arnold, Wire Wheel Spoke Brush Large
S.M. Arnold wheel brush has quite a large size for easy cleaning. It’s made up of high-grade material that removes the dirt and still protects the wheel from scratches and chafes. It is pretty famous as it is extremely light to carry and move around without causing aches in wrists and hands. Have a look at its detailed features:
- Weight and dimensions: It weighs about 2.4 ounces and is extremely light weight. It is 10.8 x 2 x 2 inches in size.
- Design: The brush comes in cream color and has a cone shape appearance. It features polypropylene bristles which are twisted in a plastic-coated wire for added protection. It has an easy-grip plastic handle.
- Perfect for cleaning between tight spokes to remove built-up dirt.
- Quickly eradicates baked on dust around rims.
- Cheap in price.
- Not Durable.
The wire may cause scratches on the metal surfaces.
Bristles are not stiff enough.
- Detail Buddy, Premium Detail Brush for Wheels
The wheel brush from the Detail Buddy is useful for wheels cleaning as well as detailing. The set has three different sized brushes and is suitable for a variety of applications which includes cleaning the wheel holes, lug nuts, slots, around the brake caliper, rim edges and much more.
- Weight and dimensions: It weighs about 4.8 ounces and is light-weight. All of the three brushes are 1, 1.5 and 2 inches in size and serve a particular function.
- Design: It consists of 2-inch long bristles that are soft and resistant to wheel cleaning chemicals and other damaging compounds.
- Useful for cleaning of wheels, inside interior and leather of the car.
- You can use it for both on the interior and exterior detail tasks, e.g., around emblems, spaces between body panels, and dash and console fine cleaning and even air vents.
- Can cause little scratching on surfaces.
- Speed Master, Wheel Brush
The wheel brush from Speed Master performs an excellent job of tracking and removing any grime or dirt that is clinging to the outer and inner surface of the wheel. The brush has a thick, robust stem that can bend to clean behind spokes and between the wheel and the brake caliper. The hot rod red bristles on the ends gently clean delicate wheel finishes, such as coated or plated wheels, without scratching.
- Weight and dimensions: It weighs about 8.8 ounces. It is 17.9 x 4 x 4 inches in size.
- Design: It has a flexible design and soft and non-abrasive bristles which make it usable for chrome, painted or polished wheels as well. It comes with a long handle. The long is helpful in reaching the hard to reach spots.
- Compatible for cleaning any design and any wheel finish.
- Can get to all tight and not reachable parts.
- The handle is made of wood which gets slippery when using the brush.
When you pull back the brush, it propels the water and cleaner back out towards you.
- EZ Products, Detail Brush
EZ Products, Detail Brush is suitable for normal detailing of the car as well as it is also appropriate for cleaning wheels. It was circular and slightly cone shaped in appearance. The stiff bristles of the brush remain firm even when wet. Cleaning spoke backs, brake calipers and wheel as well normal detailing of car interiors is easier using this brush.
- Weight and dimensions: It weighs about 7.2 ounces. It is 6 x 5 x 18 inches in size and features a flexible and long handle.
- Design: The bristles are stiff enough and have a good length. The product has no exposed metal surfaces to harm the wheels. The shaft is flexible which helps in cleaning tough surfaces
- It is durable, safe to use on all wheel types.
- The extra length ensures the brush will reach the hidden spots such as crannies and nooks.
- A bit expensive, but not too much.
- Mothers Detail Brush Set – 2 Pack
Mothers is one of the most popular and trusted brands in the world of automotive detailing. The product comes with two-piece detail brush set to clean the hard to reach interiors of the car. For the best results, you can use it with a quality instant detailer to provide lubrication & cleaning action. Have a look at its features.
- Weight and dimensions: It weighs about 4 ounces and is extremely light weight. It is 8 x 4 x 2 inches in size.
- Design: It features a red and black set of brushes. The bristles are stiff and durable, and it comes with a unique rubber seam cleaning tip and non-slip comfort grip.
- The rubber tip is great for seams.
- Ideal for trim, emblems, and tough to reach spots.
- Non-slip grip.
- Bristles are far too stiff, and their ends are very coarse.
Not suitable for cleaning the entire car interior.
- ABN, Wheel Brushes Kit (3 Brushes)
ABN wheel brush kit consists of 3 brushes that enhance your selection to use it for different purposes. They are made from 100% polypropylene. The substance is famous for eradicating grime without scratching the surface and ensures to restore the spark on the wheels.
- Weight and dimensions: It weighs about 5. 6 ounces and is extremely light weight. The three different brush sizes include the length of 9, 12 and 18 inches.
- Design: It is intended to flex and bend when cleaning and comes with dense absorbent synthetic wool microfiber which eliminates wheel cleaner splatter.
- Large brush is great to reach deep into wheels and for cleaning the wheel wells on vehicles and RVs
Medium one is useful for cleaning smaller wheel gaps, air diffusers, door jams, and engine areas.
Small is useful for small holes such as grills and narrow spoke wheels.
- Superior quality.
- Can hold onto the lubrication i.e. soap which leads to the lower potential for scratches.
- It is expensive.
- Chemical Guys ACC_S90 The Goat Boar’s Hair Detail Brush
The Goat Boar’s Hair Detail Brush is one of the best products for interior and exterior detailing. The Goat Boar’s Hair Detail Brush is used to clean wheels, trim pieces, seams, seats, consoles, buttons, vents, emblems as suggested by the manufacturers. Have a look at its features.
- Weight and dimensions: It weighs about 1.4 ounces and is extremely light-weight. It is in 10.3 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches size.
- Design: It consists of a metal handle with boars hairs turned to bristles. It has a hole at the upper end of the handle for easy storage.
- Gentle as well as effective. It will not scratch surfaces.
Long-life and is chemical resistant.
- Great for both interior and exterior detailing
Can be hung for easy storage.
- The bristles are too delicate to handle heavy scrubbing.
- Fitch And Harper Detail Brushes
You can use this brush whether you’re a professional detailer or someone who appreciates a good looking ride. The product has a very fine head along with the long, solid wood handle helps with tough-to-reach spots. It can be used for exterior as well as interior detailing.
- Weight and dimensions: It is extremely lightweight and weighs only about 2.1 ounces. It is 11 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches in size.
- Design: It head has densely packed, odor and solvent resistant, low shedding fibres. The 1.25” large diameter head and 2” long bristles maintain a “gentle firmness” that is soft enough to remove dust yet sufficiently rigid for dislodging grime, even when wet.
- Extremely durable and resistant to chemicals such as acids, solvents, etc.
- Good in Quality.
- They appear like real boar hair when they are synthetic.
Best detailing brush for cars should be chemical resistant, have tough cleaning power on grease and grime, good grip and do not break down even after repeated use in extreme conditions.
The above review can help in finding the ultimate wheel/interior car detailing brush that fulfils these qualities. So give it a read and become the owner of a handsome car.