The Car is an essential part of our everyday life, and after use they get dirty. Cars and their seats are needed to be cleaned regularly. Car seats should be cleaned with that method which is suitable for their material. Always read the instructions while using any specific product, if there are any particular directions are given for cleaning, and see if that product is appropriate for your upholstery material. According to your car upholstery material, make a list and clean them respectively. Primary materials used in most cars are the following:
- Cloth/Velour/Leather material on seats
- Vinyl and Rubber
- Plastic lined interiors
- Rubber floor mats
It does seem like we need different materials to clean the above-given materials, but except for leather in seats which require specialists cleaners, all other materials can be cleaned with by all-purpose upholstery cleaners.
Things you will need to clean car upholstery:
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Laundry Detergent or Car upholstery cleaner
- Leather conditioner
- Chamois Leather or Towel
How to Clean Fabric Car Seats
As a careful measurement, always apply the product in the hidden area of the fabric of the car seats make sure they are safe to use and won’t damage car upholstery.
Steps to clean Fabric car seats:
- Firstly, clean the dirt and debris in the car especially on the car seats with the help up of a vacuum with brush attachment.
- Then fill a bucket with hot water, add a spoon full of laundry detergent and mix it well. It will work as a cleaning product. With the help of sponge, apply this cleaning product as a scrub on every seat of the car.
- Use a toothbrush to clean joints because dirt usually sticks there.
- Gently rub with a toothbrush to remove dirt inseams.
- After scrubbing the seats, wipe them clean entirely with a wet towel. Remove the dirt and excess detergent with it.
How to Clean Floor Mats:
Floor mats can be cleaned with the same all-purpose upholstery cleaning agent or the home-made cleaner.
- Remove the floor mats from the car
- Clean and rub them with the same cleaner using a brush
- After rubbing, rinse them properly with lukewarm water and dry with a microfiber cloth.
- If your car has rubber or vinyl floor mats, then after cleaning and drying, apply some liquid wax shoe polish to improve their shine.
How to clean vinyl upholstery:
The easiest to clean is the Vinyl upholstery because the dirt and debris do not stick to them. So, these are easy to clean. To clean spills and dirt, merely spray all-purpose glass cleaner on the vinyl seats and wipe it off with a small cloth.
How to Clean Leather and Faux-Leather Seats:
Leather upholstery needs special care. You will need specialist leather cleaning products for best results.
Steps to Clean Leather Upholstery:
- Remove the dirt and debris with a vacuum cleaner.
- Apply leather upholstery cleaner on the seats and everywhere according to the instructions given on the product’s packaging.
- Wipe down the seats with a damp chamois leather.
- Wipe to remove any excess cleaning product present.
- After cleaning, let the seats dry naturally.
- Apply leather conditioner to retain leather’s texture and to protect it from cracking and wearing out.
Cleaning car upholstery is not difficult if you follow the steps correctly. Regular maintenance and proper cleaning increase the life of car upholstery. After reading all these methods, you should feel relaxed and confident because now you know what you need to do and which products to look for and apply to clean car upholstery.
Visit Homepage for more reviews and guides on car care.